Monday, September 9, 2013

More PCs on Level Two

From the Suggestion box:

I think there should be more computers available on the "quiet" second floor. Each time I go to use these computers (each week for about 2 months) it is rare that I will find a spare computer in either of the two wings. I need quiet when I study and I also need a computer! Plus, I often see the desks without computers mostly free, so maybe put some more in that area.

Library Response:

Thanks you for your feedback which I have forwarded to out IT Unit. I have placed a request to include three more PCs on the second floor dependent on available power and data points. These PCs are the ones that were previously located on the first floor but due to recent refurbishments can now be re-imaged and utilized elsewhere.

Unfortunately the major issue with placing more PCs on level two, the silent zone, is in regard to power and data. Currently all most all of the power and data points have been utilised. The first and second floors of the library have been earmarked for refurbishment in the coming years and this will be addressed in full then.
Regards
Kim

Kim Lewin Associate Director Information and Research Services : Library and Information Services : Eddie Koiki Mabo Library James Cook University, Townsville, QLD 4811

No comments: